Friday, February 25, 2011

Everyone Makes Mistakes... But it Sure Sucks When it Involves Your Paycheque!

I got an e-mail this morning from my manager at the A/V office, explaining that she made a mistake regarding getting our hours to payroll, and so nobody in the department got paid today, like they were supposed to.

That's a really stupid mistake to make for the last payday of the month. It's not terrible for me, my phone bill will be paid a couple of days late (we're getting cheques cut next Monday or Tuesday), but I pay my roommates in cash for my rent, and they're cool if it's not right on the first. But for people who have rent coming out of their bank accounts on Tuesday? It's a huge hassle.

It's frustrating because I was relying on this paycheque to pay a couple things off, and now I have absolutely no money for the rest of the week. As in, the rest of my week off from school. As in, my weekend is blown. I was planning to pick a couple things up tomorrow, but that's obviously not going to happen now, because I have zero dollars in my account.

It really sucks being broke. I can't wait to start getting working at Sobey's, and actually getting a regular paycheque. I have a feeling that they aren't likely to make this kind of "mistake".

Yeesh. :-(

<3
Wooden Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment