Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Good News, Everyone!

I got a job!

I mentioned a couple posts ago that I applied to a local pub. They never called back.

However! A few months back I applied to my local grocery store (literally 3 minutes from my apartment - I timed it) and they called me in for an interview last Friday, and called me back this morning to offer me the job as a cashier!

It's not glamourous, but one of my best friends works there, too, so I get to work with her, and it will be a steady paycheque, which is more than I can say I've had in a long while.

I'm hoping that I can manage to cover my main expenses with the hours there, and use my 3.5 hours a week in the A/V to start paying my credit card down. Debt repayment! Awesome!

You can really tell I'm a grown up by how hot that gets me.

So, my day is going well! I'm hungover, but I don't care! My love made me an awesome french-toast-with-mint-chocolate-almonds-and-bananas-topped-with-syrup breakfast, I'm showered and my teeth are brushed. I'm going to go to the bank and get direct deposit information for the grocery store, and then I'm going to do some homework this evening.

And! I get to cross off one of the goals on my list of 30 things! Not too shabby!

It's a good day. :-)

<3
Wooden Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment