Friday, March 4, 2011

Oh, hey, look,, I got paid!

The situation at the A/V got ridiculous and then slightly less ridiculous. When everyone got their cheques cut for them, I still didn't get paid. No cheque for me!

"Wtf?" I thought. "How is that possible?"

So I sent my boss an e-mail explaining to her that me not getting paid at the end of the month was the perfect way to get me to starve (lack of grocery money) and to kill my credit score (guess whose phone bill doesn't get paid?). I was a little more diplomatic than that, but only in phrasing. I did use those two examples.

Anyway, it turns out when she was collecting the hours sheets, she just never got mine, and didn't think anything of it. Her excuse is that sometimes people miss shifts or don't fill in their hours - uh... if that's happening, shouldn't you be contacting them? So, she didn't think anything of the fact that she had no hours sheet for me, despite the fact that I faithfully fill that thing in every shift, because I can't afford to work for free.

So anyway. She sort of solved the problem. I have money and her ass is off the line, but it's a silly solution. I won't go into it too much, I don't really care at this point.

So, the moral of the story is, don't let your boss push you around. If something seems off, bring it up and demand that it be rectified. There's no reason to ever let someone lead you by the nose, especially when you've been doing your job properly.

Bleh.

<3
Wooden Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment