Friday, April 29, 2011

The Importance of Being Earnest...

I started re-reading A Witch Alone last night, and... I'm way past it. I've been a pagan, alternating between practicing and non-practicing, since I was 13. While this book might have been really helpful for me about five years ago, I'm beyond it at this point. It feels really remedial reading it, and I've developed my personal philosophies around paganism beyond what Marian Green is teaching in this book. I already have a pretty deep and thorough understanding of what it means to be pagan, for me, and to be honest, I'm finding her a little fluffy. So, I'm going to try using another set of books I have to get back into the practice - "Green Witchcraft" by Moura. I have all three, and from what I recall, they are a little more up my alley. I guess the Marian Green book is up for grabs. I am going to see if any of my friends want it.

I've rebooted my SparkPeople account. I need to get my butt in gear, quite literally. I even did the fitness routine today. My arms are sore. I have pretty much no upper body strength, so that is something I'd like to build up. Pairing some strength training with yoga will be useful, I think.

I got a good start on the day! Got out of bed around nine-ish, got breakfast and some tasks done (all paid up and registered for the anthropology conference, for instance), and I still have two and a half hours before I have to be at work. Nice!

<3
Wooden Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment