Thursday, May 26, 2011

Student Poverty (CASCA Pt 2)

So, the second big thing that I ended up coming away from CASCA with was research ideas. What I've decided to look at for my honours and subsequent master's research is student poverty.

(The irony being I'm not sure how - or if - I'll be able to pay for school next year, my graduating year, the year I'm supposed to be doing my honours research... on student poverty.)

Everybody talks about it, but I don't think all that much research has been done on how students survive... and I mean, as someone living the situation, sometimes I'm not sure how I manage to do so myself.

I think it will be a really eye-opening research project, for me at least, and I think it's got some real-world relevancy.

Here's to understanding poverty, and figuring out how to change it.

<3
Wooden Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment