Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What I've Been Up To, or, Being Poor Sucks

I'm currently knitting a little kimono-style sweater for my lover's baby niece. The pattern is from Lion Brand Yarn, and it's a little weird, but it's going to be cute, regardless!

I've got both front panels seamed on, and the sleeves are ready to be done... finished soon!


In other news, my job cut back hours, so now I'm scrambling to find a second job. I did get confirmation that I would be getting my Student Loan for next year, so that's one less thing I have to worry about. Any money I do manage to save this summer can be used for a living expenses buffer during the school year. The question is whether or not I can manage to save anything while also working towards paying down my credit card bill.

There have been a few boons recently, though. Free food in the form of gift cards and a major drop-off by my (estranged) mother, so that's helped. And I'm in the process of setting up a steady babysitting gig that would bring in an extra 60$ a week, so fingers crossed that that works out!

And finally, in further knitting news, I've been working on the radiating star blanket for my friends wedding in August...

Alpaca is so gorram soft!!!
Wish me luck, world, I'm going to need it over the next couple months...

<3
Wooden Bird 

No comments:

Post a Comment