Thursday, October 13, 2011

My (knitting) Life Just Got Awesome

So, this summer, I stumbled across Vogue Knitting's Stichionary books in the library. (I love making links.)

Anyway, I immediately fell into what I call knitter's lust. That's when you find a pattern, or yarn, or book, or something related to knitting and all you want to do is stroke it and fondle it and brush your needles up against it and imagine all the possibilities you could explore with it while snuggled under your blankets, Enya playing softly in the background, cup of ginger and peach tea steaming on the windowsill next to you...




Right. So.

I want those books so damn bad. They're amazing resources, and I want to start getting more serious about designing my own patterns, especially now, as I start to get into knitting garments and learning about their construction.

(Which reminds me, I should knit up another one of those cowls I designed this summer and see how that looks in another yarn than the one I did the prototype in. That turned out well, by the way, but I didn't get any pictures before I gifted it to my friend for her birthday. Another reason I need to knit up another one. Pictures. Duh.)

Anyway.

So. I'm in knitter's lust with these books (I should make an entry for that on the Urban Dictionary...) and I want them but I am a poor student and cannot afford them.

But!

Good news, everyone!

Vogue Knitting's website has the first three volumes available for freeeeeee!

I think I just wet myself a little.

<3
Wooden Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment