Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Things I Learned in Montreal

I got back from Montreal yesterday. Here are some things I learned while I was there:




  • Apparently, the ladies can't resist me. (This may or may not be problematic, depending on the situation)
  • Jersey accents are actually pretty adorable on the right people
  • Walking around Montreal will give you buns of steel
  • So will climbing up the mountain in the middle of it
  • Dorion Sagan is amazing and I got to see him give a talk, say whaaaaat?!
  • Sitting on top of a small mountain overlooking a city at night while drinking wine from a juice box (I love Quebec) and eating cheese and baguette is... friggin awesome.
  • Drinking too much is a bad thing.
  • Anthropologists are hilarious and awesome to party with
  • Boys who are ex-boyfriends and also your roommate and traveling with you and sometimes someone who have sex with will get drunk and tell you they love you, and that they're sorry. And then nothing will change and you will have no idea what that means or where you stand anymore and it will be confusing and sad, and you'll go home and bawl your eyes out in the shower because what. the fuck? I don't understand why he doesn't want to be with me if he loves me. I just don't get it. Maybe he'll figure out what the hell he wants by the time I get back from Korea. In the meantime, I am left more confused than anything.

<3
Wooden Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment