Wednesday, November 30, 2011

This is Not How You Thesis!

I... am entering panic mode. Yep.

My thesis proposal is due Friday, at 3pm, along with my ethics application. What am I doing? Reading through the Reasoning with Vampires archive (which is an AWESOME tumblog, btw. If you love grammar and appreciate that Twilight is literary drivel if it can be called literary anything, you will love this tumblog).

I just cannot bring myself to work on my proposal or my ethics for more than a few moments at a time. I'll open the file... stare at it a bit... maybe write a sentence... fix that sentence there... open one of my sources... scan through it for a few minutes looking for anything relevant... and then go back to RwV.

WTF?!


 

How is this being a good student? How is this being responsible? How is this any of the things I have always prided myself on? I am hitting a fucking wall with this thing.

I keep telling myself: just sit down, and do it. Make it happen. Don't let yourself dawdle and procrastinate. And that's when the above-mentioned few things get twiddled with. And then I'm back to the abyss of the internet, wishing I was already finished and I could move on with my life.

Well, I can't finish or move on with my life until I do this, and if I don't I'm going to regret it.

So... I don't know what is wrong with me.

BLAH.

<3
Wooden Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment