Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012 Is Starting Off Not Terribly!

You might notice, I've taken down the panicky "I don't have a job anymore, please donate" button. I found out the day before getting back to Halifasx that I had 6 hours a week - not a lot, but hey, it's better than nothing. I figured it would be easier to make up the rest of what I needed a month, rather than everything that I needed a month... But wait! It gets better!


 

Yesterday (my first full day back) I was given a random shift because someone called in sick, and then, lo and behold, as I was covering that shift, my supervisor got a call from the girl who opens the office 3 days of the week, and it turns out she got accepted into a programme in the states and won't be coming back.  So my supervisor made "an executive decision" and gave me the two shifts that fit around my class schedule without bothering to ask our main boss.  Sweet!  So, now I have 12 hours a week - that may not seem like a lot, but it's actually half an hour more a week than I had last term, and it's enough to cover my rent, my portion of the internet, and my cell phone bill, which is all my expenses. (I'm lucky, in tat my rent includes all of our utilities, and is split 4 ways, which brings it to under 400$ a month each. That is almost unheard of for a central Halifax location, so I'm pretty pleased with that).

So that is awesome!

I also have other exciting news, but I'll save that for another post, when I can have pictures to accompany it!

<3
Wooden Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment