Saturday, January 21, 2012

Thermophile Yarns is launching!

So, as a follow up to my previous post....

We have the display cubby space! The only thing left I have to do is get some skeins done up and bring them to the shop, which, it turns out, is about a 5 minute walk from my house, so talk about convenient!

So, by the end of the week - at the latest - my handspun yarns will be available at the brick-and-mortar building of Plan B Halifax Merchant's Co-Op!  You can find them on facebook, too.

Right now, I have one skein of Jacob done and ready to go, a skein of BFL hand-dyed by Fleece Artist drying, shetland singles ready to be plied, and lots more fibre to play with. Today I picked up a small braid of BFL in really pretty greens from a local yarn shop, I'm thinking it is destined to be a singles yarn.

So, my plan for today and tomorrow is to alternate homework (I have a lot of it, and two assignments due on Monday and Tuesday) with spinning work, and try to get a good stock up so that I can have some stuff to bring to the shop by Tuesday at the latest.

Excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment