Monday, May 14, 2012

Getting Back at 'Er!

Hello, Blog,

So, it's been sparse and infrequent in update-land, I realise. I'm sorry, Blog.I have been pretty active on Twitter and Tumblr lately though? Mostly because my phone automatically posts pictures of my cats to Twitter and Tumblr. Yep. I'm that person.

But! I plan to change that!

I'm "working from home" at the moment (haha, what a joke), which means I spend 3 hours a day "coding" (which means tagging transcripts, basically) for a sociologist at one of the universities here.  But that's all I'm doing for work right now. 3 hours a day, five days a week, of reading interviews from 1994 (yes, the data is thaaaat old) and nothing else. Sort of.

I'm also looking for other work (not very hard, though, I need to get on that), and sleeping in until noon everyday. Because that is a productive use of my time. (I really need to sort out my sleep schedule, it's all over the place).

Anyway, I figure one of the best ways to get myself back on track is to start scheduling my time better.

I'm going to make it a point to blog 3 times a week again, like I did last year. I managed, it, too, so I know I can do it now when I have absolutely nothing to do with my time.  I also want to start going for walks. I don't leave the house much, which is ridiculous. I figure if I can get up even as late as 9AM, I can go for an hour long walk and STILL have more time in the day than I do right now, getting up at noon.

SO! Goals for the next month! I'll give myself until the end of June to turn these into habits:

  • Walk one hour a day
  • Blog three times a week
  • Spin three evenings a week
  • Knit every day
  • Spend time every day looking for a second job (until it materializes)
  • Finish Hexwood and start a new book
  • Start writing short stories for that collection my friend and I want to publish
  • Spend more time outside, even if it just means sitting on the commons while I read (two birds, one stone!)
Really, considering how little I have to do with my time right now, this should NOT be hard to do!

Also, right now money is pretty tight, but hopefully in the next couple months, I can start having a steadier income. Once that happens, I would like to start taking Egyptian Bellydance classes and Kung Fu classes. Seriously. Why not? I could be a belly dancing kung fu girl. I could quote Nero with sincerity.

<3
Wooden Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment